BEFORE INTRAVENOUS SEDATION (ANESTHESIA)
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and then drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, or upset stomach, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medicine, please check with your doctor prior to your surgical date for instructions
- Medications prescribed by your physician should be taken with a small amount of water unless informed otherwise by our office.
- Minors must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
BEFORE INHALATION SEDATION
- Limit the intake of food and liquid (no dairy products) to a light meal up to two hours prior to the procedure.
- Medications prescribed by your physician should be taken unless directed otherwise.If you would like a different type of sedation other than the one you have originally scheduled, please call us as soon as possible so that we may schedule the appropriate amount of time for your treatment.
We ask that the person who accompanies you remain in the reception room until your treatment is complete.